2015 was a great year for me for Health and Fitness. I lost 20 lbs and I ended up doing 8 in person races (results listed below). Mike and I signed up for Hogwarts running club, so I also ended up doing many “virtual races”, and even got my family to do our own little fun run for Thanksgiving.
2015 Race Results:
- Resolution Run (5K) – Dec 31(2014) – This one was COLD and icy…so my time was not great 50 minutes roughly.
- Unleash the She (10K) – April 26 – Rochester – DONE! Finish Time: 1:34:05
- Med City Marathon Relay – (2nd leg – 7.2 miles) May 24 Rochester Finish Time: 1:46:38(=
- Hastings Glo Run (8K) July 16 -5 Miles Finish Time1:19:46
- Med City Fall (10K – 6.21 miles) – Sept 20th – Rochester MN – Finish Time 1:29:15
- Women Run the Cities (10 Mile) – St Paul – Sept 27th – Finish Time 2:44:40
- Monster Dash (13.1 Miles) – October 31 – St Paul – Finish Time 3:23:04
- Choholic Frolic (5K) – St Paul – Finish Time 42:45
My Plans for 2016 are to transition over into doing a couple of Sprint Triathlons this summer. I may end up doing more running in the fall again. I do like doing races it keeps me motivated to keep moving. 2016 is off to a slow start for me because I have been derailed by illness. I am starting to feel better though, so am hoping to get back into a normal training routine again soon so I will be ready for my first race. Below is my list of in person races for the first part of this year. I may do some additional runs in the Fall, and there may be a few more races thrown in of shorter distances. This is what I have in my head so far. I will still be doing virtual races as well.
2016 Goal Races:
- Feb 21 – Disney Princess Half Marathon – (13.1M) – Feb 21 – Planned
- March 5 – Hypothermic Half Marathon – (13.1M) – Rochester, MN – Planned
- May28/29 – Med City (unknown) – Tentative
- June 19 – Rochesterfest Sprint Triathlon (1/4M Swim, 10M Bike, 5K Run) – Rochester, MN – Planned
- July 24 – Toughman MN – Sprint Triathlon (1/4M Swim, 22M Bike, 5K Run ) – Chisago City, MN – Planned